1/2 cup quinoa
1 1/2 cups water
2 large apples
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1.Peel and core both apples.Chop them into bite-sizedpieces.
2. Add quinoa, water andapples to a sauce pan. Bringto a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
3. The apples will be softand the quinoa will have absorbed the water.
4. Stir in cinnamon and transfermixture to two bowls.
5. Drizzle with honey andsprinkle with additional cinnamon (if desired). And enjoy!
1.Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse.
2. Start with the 2 tbsp liquid, but if everything seems to be getting stuck in the blender, add more liquid 1 tbsp at a time. You don’t want to add too much liquid because you want it to be thick enough to eat with a spoon!
3. Pour mixture into a bowl, top it with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
2 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any dairy-free milk)
1/2 teaspoon spirulina (or more to taste)
1. Remove frozen bananas from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10minutes to defrost a bit.
2. Add all ingredients (except the toppings) to a high speed blender andslowly blend or pulse until thick and creamy. Do not add more liquidunless you want it to be thinner and soupy.
3. Transfer to a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
½ to 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder*
1 tablespoon of chia seeds
1 tablespoon of lemon juice (approx ½ lemon)
½ cup of spinach (optional)**
250 ml of filtered water***
1. Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
* Start with half a teaspoon of spirulina in your smoothie to see how you feel about the taste.
** Spinach is totally optional in this smoothie. Try a version with and without spinach and see which one you prefer.
*** This smoothie is quite thick. If you prefer a thinner version add more water and blend again until smooth.
1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt or nondairy plain coconut yogurt
1 cup (250 mL) water
2 Tbsp (30 mL) + 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
2 Tbsp (30 mL) honey, divided
1/4 tsp (1 mL) vanilla or almond extract
1 apple, skin intact, cored and grated
2 cups (500 mL) large flake organic rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup (250 mL) chopped blanched almonds
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen pitted cherries (defrosted if frozen)
2 Tbsp (30 mL) chia seeds
1. In large bowl, combine yogurt, water, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) honey, extract, and apple. Stir in oats, almonds, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for
at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Place remaining 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice, 1 Tbsp (15mL) honey, cherries, and chia seeds in food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer to reusable container and
refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
3. In the morning, give both muesli and jam a stir. Scoop muesli into bowls and top with a swirl of jam. Or, layer muesli with jam in glasses to create breakfast parfaits.